The BIM Dictionary is the largest online dictionary covering the terms necessary for digital transformation of the construction industry. In addition to introducing new terms and languages, there are my planned features that will benefit from your active support:
- Advanced search functions
- Add a Star to most-used Dictionary Item, and create a list of Starred Items
- Download the Starred Items List for inclusion in printed guides and tender documents
- Add ‘Suggest an Improvement’ field to each term (replace the 3rd party Disqus module)
- Users can up-vote or down-vote all suggested improvement
- Advanced filtering functions including 'by concept’ (e.g. Role, Requirement and Deliverable) - as defined in the BIM Ontology
- Create a List based on BIM Ontology concepts (e.g. Model Use List and Defined Roles List)
- Copy Link feature (link to individual terms copied to clipboard with on click)
- Show/add reference material to Dictionary Item
- View and manipulate a Visual Map of Dictionary Items
- Other features to be announced.
We need your support
To deliver the above features, we need your active support:
- Use the BIM Dictionary in your presentations and work
- Suggest new terms and their descriptions
- Identify and report errors and omissions
- Suggest new BIM Dictionary features
- Become a Language Editor or a Country Editor (vetted positions)
- Become an official BIM Dictionary Sponsor!
For updates covering volunteering opportunities, please follow @BIMexcellence on Twitter.
Companies, associations and academic institutions can also become official BIM Dictionary Sponsors.
Become a Sponsor